Saturday, April 7, 2007

Because the World Needed Another Blog

The title of this blog refers to two things: 1) I am trying to figure out how to "write" in the digital age, and so this blog is going to be, in part, a laboratory for some experiments in scholarly communication. This refers to content (what is "scholarly"?) but especially to form. 2) This is a site being produced by a historian who is fascinated by all things historiographical, and yet my definitions of both these things ("historian" and "historiographical") go decidedly beyond the Dictionary.com versions. This means, for example, that I just may go on-and-on about the novels of Michael Chabon, especially since his newest is about to arrive on my doorstep.

And if you are wondering what book I am holding in the image at the top of this page, go here or here to learn a little more.